Theatre & Fashion Makeup
1-day Class ($395)
Makeup artists working in theatre and fashion require vast knowledge and a creative imagination to produce a wide range of dramatic and fantasy makeup applications. This class offers students an opportunity to explore their creative side as they practice the art of basic theater and fashion makeup. The class covers topics such as how to design fantasy makeup and instruction on the many variations of today’s popular smoky eyes.
This class is designed for experienced makeup artists and students who have participated in our Basic Beauty Makeup and Media Makeup classes. We recommend that students bring a camera to take photos of their finished work.
9 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.
Theatre & Fashion Makeup Lecture
- Theatre and fashion makeup artist responsibilities and work opportunities
- Collaborating with costume and fashion designers, art directors, and photographers
- Recommended makeup products
9:30 a.m. – 10:15 a.m.
Theatre Makeup Demonstration (Small Stage/Female)
- Basic theatrical makeup demonstration on a female model that is suitable for a small venue
- How to apply makeup to the eyes and lips so that they appear larger
10:15 a.m. – 11 a.m.
- Students create a theatrical makeup application on their models
11 a.m. – 11:20 a.m.
Theatre Makeup Demonstration (Medium Stage/Male)
- Basic Makeup demonstration for a male suitable for a medium stage
- Emphasis on choosing the proper foundation products/colors, shading, highlighting, and contouring
11:20 a.m. – 11:45 a.m.
- Students apply makeup to their male models
11:45 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
12:30 p.m. – 1 p.m.
Smoky-Eye Fashion Makeup Demonstration
- Demonstration on how to create a modern version of smoky eyes
- How to best incorporate the technique so that it is appropriate for theatre, fashion, or beauty
1 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- Students create a smoky eye makeup application best suited for their model
1:30 p.m. – 2 p.m.
Fantasy Makeup Demonstration
- How to apply fantasy makeup that is fun and creative with a variety of materials such as grease-based creams, glitter eye shadows, and vibrant colors
2 p.m. – 2:45 p.m.
- Students use their imagination to create their choice of fantasy makeup on their model
- Instructor will offer recommendations in order to help each student achieve a successful fantasy makeup application
2:45 p.m. – 3 p.m.
Please refer to our frequently asked questions page for additional information regarding our classes.