1-day Class ($395)
Applying camera-ready makeup for high-definition photo shoots, television, and video is a must for makeup artists seeking to advance their career and increase their earning potential. There is a high demand for skilled makeup artists in this field. In this class Ann Marie Laurendeau educates students on the the makeup products, tools, and application techniques that make men and women of all ages look great on camera for print editorial, advertisements, television commercials, and corporate videos. This class is designed for experienced makeup artists and students who have participated in our Basic Beauty Makeup class. We recommend that students bring a camera to take photos of their work.
9 a.m. – 9:45 a.m.
Media Makeup as a Career Lecture
- Freelance work opportunities and responsibilities
- Makeup products that produce the best results for high-definition television and photographs
- Applying makeup for various photographic lighting and green screen
9:45 a.m. – 10:15 a.m.
Photo Shoot Makeup Demonstration (Color Photography/Female)
- Makeup demonstration for color photography using products with matte textures to eliminate shine
- Choosing the right color of foundation for female clients
10:15 a.m. – 10:45 a.m.
- Students apply makeup onto their models, enhancing their best features in preparation for photographs
10:45 a.m. – 11:15 a.m.
Photo Shoot Makeup Demonstration (Black & White Photography/Female)
- Makeup demonstration for black & white photography emphasizing proper shading, highlighting, and contouring
11:15 a.m. – 11:45 a.m.
- Students apply makeup to their models, using highlighting and contouring techniques to enhance their features in black and white photographs
11:45 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
12:30 p.m. – 1 p.m.
Makeup for Men Demonstration (Television & Photo Shoots/Color & Black & White)
- Applying makeup to male clients for television, video, and photo shoots that is natural-looking, yet corrective and flattering
- Best foundations & concealers to hide imperfections and conceal a beard line or five o’clock shadow
1 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- Students apply makeup on-to their male models to conceal flaws and produce a natural appearance
1:30 p.m. – 2 p.m.
High-Definition Television/Video Makeup Demonstration (Female)
- How to successfully apply makeup to women for high-definition television and video broadcast that is flattering, stylish, and youthful
- Improving your client’s appearance for camera lighting
- Basic grooming and hairstyling techniques
2 p.m. – 2:45 p.m.
- Students utilize best makeup, hair, and grooming techniques on their models in preparation for a televised appearance
- Instructor guidance and tips
2:45 p.m. – 3 p.m.
Please refer to our frequently asked questions page for additional information regarding our classes.