Marketing & Building Your Portfolio
1-day Class ($395)
All makeup artists who have participated in our intensive Artist Training Program can be prosperous! The final class in our program teaches students how to market their business and create portfolio images that will allow them to become successful in the field.
Discussion topics include creating an identity for you and your business, naming your business, developing a website, and how to use social media and networking to your advantage. The remainder of the class invites students to have professional photos taken of their work by one of Boston’s leading commercial photographers.
Each student will have the opportunity to use the knowledge they learned in our Basic Beauty, Bridal, Media and Theatre/Fashion makeup classes to showcase their best work by preparing two models for high-definition photo shoots.
This class includes hands-on experience working with an established photographer and teaches students how lighting is used in the creative process. Each student will also receive 4 professional photographs for their portfolios and as marketing tools for their businesses.
This is a fun and informative class that is essential for aspiring makeup artists as well as experienced artists looking to expand their portfolios.
9 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.
Business Goals & Marketing Lecture
- Defining and executing your goals
9:30 a.m. – 10 a.m.
Developing a Business Plan
- Creating a business identity
- Developing a business plan
- Internet & Social Media Advertising
- Creating your portfolio
10 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
- Students create a theatrical makeup application on their models
11 a.m. – 11:20 a.m.
Marketing and Advertising
- Students apply makeup suitable for a color photo shoot onto their first model
10:30 a.m. – 11 a.m.
Makeup Application (Black & White Photography)
- Students apply makeup suitable for a black & white photo shoot onto their second model
11 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
11:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Photo Shoot with Photographer
- Students and models collaborate with photographer to produce color and black and white portfolio photographs
- Each student provides assistance to photographer, paying close attention to the video monitor and providing makeup adjustments or touch-ups when needed
2:30 p.m. – 3 p.m.
Post Production and Student Questions
Please refer to our frequently asked questions page for additional information regarding our classes.