Makeup Artist Training Program
2-day Class ($995)
Anemone Makeup Artist Training Workshop is a condensed version of our One Week Artist Training Program. This 2 day class introduces students to an exciting new career working behind the camera at photo shoots, weddings, fashion shows, television, celebrity and more!
This is an intensive workshop designed for beginner artists with no prior experience and makeup artists seeking to update or expand their skills.
Each day begins with a lecture, followed by product recommendations, and makeup demonstrations that teach students specialized professional techniques with hands-on practice and guided instruction.
In this workshop you will learn how to apply makeup for, beauty, bridal, media, fashion and theatre, which are the most in demand and marketable types of makeup. The professional techniques taught in this class allow makeup artists to greatly increase their earnings!
Upon completion of this program students will receive a Certificate of Attendance that states they have completed a course of professional makeup training under an instructor who is a professional makeup artist working in television and media.
Day 1: Basic Beauty and Bridal Makeup Class
Introduction to Makeup Artistry as a Career
- Kit hygiene and work ethics
- Building a professional Kit
- Makeup and Skin Care Products
- Choosing Natural Colors
Creating a Natural Makeup Application
- Step-by-step makeup demonstration of how to use natural colors and professional techniques
- Students create a natural-looking makeup application on their model
Highlighting & Contouring Demonstration
- Becoming a Bridal Makeup Artist
- Recommended makeup products and best colors for brides, mothers, and wedding party participants
- Location, kit set-up, and organizing a wedding day schedule
Creating Flawless Bridal Makeup
- A step-by-step makeup demonstration of long-lasting professional techniques using, highlighting, contouring, blending, and modern and natural colors
- False eye lash application and instruction
- Students create a flattering bridal makeup application incorporation false eyelashes
- Instructor guidance and tips
Makeup for Mother of Bride/Groom Demonstration
- How to apply makeup to mature clients (over 45) in a way that enhances her best features and facial structure
- Youthful highlighting and contouring techniques.
- Students apply makeup appropriate for women over 45
Day 2: Media, Fashion and Theatre Makeup Class
Media Makeup as a Career Lecture
- Freelance work opportunities and responsibilities
- Makeup products that produce the best results for high-definition television
- Applying makeup for various photographic, stage and green screen lighting
Photo Shoot Makeup Demonstration (Color Photography/Female)
- Makeup demonstration for color photography using products with matte textures to eliminate shine
- Choosing the right color of foundation for female clients
- Students apply makeup onto their models, enhancing their best features in preparation for photographs.
High-Definition Television/Video Makeup Demonstration (Female)
- How to successfully apply makeup to women for high-definition television and video broadcast that is flattering, stylish, and youthful
- Improving your client’s appearance for camera lighting
- Students utilize best makeup, hair, and grooming techniques on their models in preparation for a televised appearance
- Instructor guidance and tips
Theatre Makeup Demonstration (Small Stage/Female)
- Basic theatrical makeup demonstration on a female model that is suitable for a small venue
- How to apply makeup to the eyes and lips so that they appear larger
- Students create a theatrical makeup application on their models
Smoky-Eye Fashion Makeup Demonstration
- Demonstration on how to create a modern version of smoky eyes
- How to best incorporate the technique so that it is appropriate for theatre, fashion, or beauty
- Students create a smoky eye makeup application best suited for their model
Please refer to our frequently asked questions page for additional information regarding our classes.