Basic Beauty Makeup
1-day Class ($395)
This introductory class is perfect for aspiring makeup artists and individuals who love makeup and want to learn how to apply it expertly. Our Basic Beauty class is also good for students who are undecided about a career and who would like to explore makeup artistry as a profession. This class is designed to accommodate all skill levels. No previous makeup experience is required.
9 a.m. – 10 a.m.
Introduction to Makeup Artistry as a Career
- Building a professional Kit
- Color theory
- Kit hygiene and work ethics
10 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
Makeup & Skin Care Products
- Hypoallergenic cleansers, toners, and moisturizers
- Choosing foundation and blush appropriate for your clients’ skin type, color, and coverage needs
- Natural makeup colors and products for the eyes and lips
10:30 a.m. – 11:15 a.m.
Creating a Natural Makeup Application
- Step-by-step makeup demonstration of how to use natural colors and professional techniques
11:15 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Students create a natural-looking makeup application on their model
12 p.m. – 12:45 p.m.
12:45 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.
Highlighting, Contouring & Blending Techniques
- How to successfully incorporate shading, highlighting, and contouring to create an illusion of high cheekbones, a narrow nose, and slimmer neckline.
1:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- Students create a professional makeup application incorporating the proper highlighting, contouring, shading and blending techniques best suited for the facial features of their model.
2:30 p.m. – 3 p.m.
Student Q & A, Kit & Product Purchases
Please refer to our frequently asked questions page for additional information regarding our classes.